VitalSecurity VPN also offers many additional features including tracker and ad blocking, full screen browsing, passcode access and privacy scanning.
What is a VPN?
VPN stands for “Virtual Private Network” – the most secure way to connect to the internet without risking your online identity, privacy and personal information.
Why do I need a VPN?
The main reason is to replace your original IP with an anonymous one. In simple words, when you connect to a VPN, your original IP (assigned by the Internet Service Provider) is replaced by one of the VPN servers’ IP. For example, if your ISP assigned you an IP address in Texas (as you are in Texas), and you choose a location in the San Francisco, when you connect to the VPN your IP will change a San Francisco. This way your location will remain anonymous and not even your ISP can track your online footprints.
Is my data protected when connected to the VPN
One of the biggest benefits of using the VPN is that your data is encrypted. So when browsing in an public Wifi network as you will often find in coffee shops, hotels and airports, you will protect yourselves from potential threats.
- Non registered users get 500MB per month of secure browsing for free.
- Registered users get 1GB per month of secure browsing for free.
- Paid users get unlimited traffic per month. Users can choose to pay monthly or annually at a discount to the monthly amount. What’s more, there is an option to purchase the subscription for just your mobile platform, or for all platforms – iPhone, Android, Windows and Mac – for all of your devices.
Or by choosing the VPN option in the menu. Once in the VPN screen, just choose your location and press the button to connect.
While in the browser, the VPN icon on the address bar will turn yellow or show the flag of the country you are connected to.
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
- United States – Dallas
- United States – San Francisco
- United States – Washington, DC
We will be adding more locations over the coming months!
The options are:
VPN: Takes you to the VPN to turn on private browsing.
Bookmarks: Takes you to your saved bookmarks
History: Shows you your browsing history
Share/Rate: Allows you to share the app with friends and rate it on the app store
About: Give information about the app and the current services it provides
Help: Takes you to user tutorials and FAQs
Settings: Allows you to customize your VitalSecurityTM experience
– Safe Scan: Turn ON or OFF scanning for privacy and phishing issues related to websites you visit.
Tracker Blocking: Turn ON or OFF this function allows you to block trackers and ads, using this will reload the webpage without advertisements.
– Audible alert for web pages that are known to have privacy and phishing concerns: if you want to receive an audible alert when a page you land on is suspicious or dangerous be sure to keep this option set to ON.
– Default search: Allows you to set the search engine you would prefer VitalSecurityTM to use for default searches
– Scan Results Bar: Sets how long the scan results display after the scan is executed.
– Homepage: Lets you set your default webpage to navigate to when opening a new tab.
– Clear Private Data: Allows you to erase your history, cookies, and cached images for greater privacy.
– Touch ID: Enable or Remove Touch ID for fingerprint authorization.
– Require Passcode: Enable a passcode requirement in order to access VitalSecurity.
– Change Passcode: If Passcode is enabled, this option is used to change the Passcode.
This will add the webpage to your bookmark list, which is accessible from the main menu.
This will bring you to a menu where you can easily enable or disable different trackers on the web page you are navigating.
On the tracker page, turn on any trackers that are set to off and see if this helps. If the page still does not load, head over to Settings and turn off Tracking Blocking.
If the webpage is deemed Dangerous, you will be shown a warning page and can choose to view the page or return to your previous viewed page. Clicking on the panel will show the complete results.
You can set the length of time the Safe Scan panel is displayed in Settings. To rescan a webpage, click on the icon in the bottom bar.